Nonprofit Organization Raises Over $100,000 for Its National Scholarship Campaign.
PHOENIX, June 2, 2015 — Rainbow Housing Assistance Corporation (Rainbow), a nonprofit organization that provides service-enriched housing programs for residents of 79 rental housing communities throughout the country, recently hosted its 2015 Annual Awards Banquet at The Wigwam Resort in Phoenix, AZ raising more than $264,000 for its national programs and national scholarship campaign combined. The annual event serves to honor individuals who continue to make strides in affordable housing solutions as well as raise funds for future programming and educational opportunities for residents of the communities served by Rainbow.
Through sponsorships from the banquet, as well as the preceding 8th Annual “Play It Forward” Golf Tournament, Rainbow raised $160,000 for its national programs. The organization also raised $104,000 for Rainbow Scholars, its national scholarship campaign, surpassing its 2015 goal of $100,000. The banquet featured a keynote address by the former head coach of the New York Giants, Jim Fassel, and the Executive Director of the Housing Advisory Group, David S. Gasson.
Rainbow honored community leaders with a variety of awards highlighting their dedication to the organization. The awardees include:
- Affordable Advocate of the Year: Deborah VanAmerongen, Nixon Peabody
- Community Partner of the Year: Joshua Allen, Sr., J. Allen Management
- Affordable Community/Project of the Year: Dan and Liz O’Dea, Delphi Affordable Housing
- Innovative Service-Enriched Housing Partner of the Year: Meg Manley, McCormack Baron Salazar
A number of resident services employees from Rainbow were also honored at the banquet, consisting of:
- Resident Services Collaborator of the Year: Tonitta Tottress, Champion Townhomes on the Green in Houston, Texas
- Resident Services Youth Collaborator of the Year: Richlyn McPherson, Rush Creek apartments in Arlington, Texas
- Resident Services Coordinator of the Year: CiCi Ross, Seven Courts apartments in Atlanta, Georgia
Key sponsors of the event comprise the following: CohnReznick, title sponsor; The Reliant Group, event co-sponsor; R4 Capital, events package sponsor; Pillar, networking hour sponsor; and Deacon, J. Allen Management Co., Alliance Residential Company, City Real Estate Advisors, LMC Construction, FPI Management, J4 Development, Boston Financial, Capstone Real Estate Services, LIHTC Advisors, Mengali Accountancy, Arent Fox LLP, Kipling Capital, and RealPage, national program sponsors.
About Rainbow Housing Assistance Corporation
Rainbow Housing Assistance Corporation (Rainbow) is a nonprofit organization that provides service-enriched housing programs for residents of rental housing communities throughout the country. With award-winning services available throughout the United States, Rainbow seeks to create and preserve quality, affordable housing for families and individuals of diverse ethnic, social, and economic backgrounds.
The Hoyt Organization